Bricareau Water Specialist is a leading stocking distributor of water filter media for residential, commercial, and industrial water filtration systems, including water filtration media such as filter sand and gravel, anthracite filter media, greensand water filter media and garnet filter media. All products meet or exceed AWWA B10 and are listed under NSF Standard 61.
Below are the types of water filtration media:
- Anthracite Filter Coal is commonly used as sub-fill and as a component of multi-media filters. Anthracite is a durable media with long life and a wide temperature range. It contains no silica to interfere in the production of ultra pure water.
- Filter Sand and Gravel is also called Sand/Coarse Sand/Support Gravel/Filter Gravel/Pea Gravel. Our filter sand and gravel is 99% silica. The sub-angular shape of silica sand enhances the mechanical filtration properties of multi-media filters. It is a dense media at 100 pounds per cubic foot and acts as perfect sub-fill for non-silica sensitive applications such as water softeners and dealkalizers.
- Garnet is typically used in multi-media filters as the sub-fill or bottom layers of the filter. At 126 pounds per cubic foot its density requires high backwash rates combining fine mesh garnet with other media such as sand and anthracite significantly increases the filtration capacity of a system.
- Filter Lite or Filter Ag® is a low-density media typically used in multi-media filters to enhance the capacity of the filter to remove smaller micron particles. At 24 pounds per cubic foot it sits as the top layer in a multi-media filter.
- MnO2 is a granular manganese dioxide media used primarily in potable water residential applications for the removal of hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese. Chlorine is often used during regeneration cycle to insure full capacity.
- Manganese Greensand is a dense media at 85 pounds per cubic foot. In addition to its filtration properties is can remove soluble iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide from well water supplies.
- GreensandPlus is more rugged than the original but has identical operating characteristics. The second generation of greensand, GreensandPlus is a purple-charcoal filter media used for removing soluble iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide, arsenic and radium from well water supplies.
- KDF 55 & KDF 85 is also known as a redox alloy. KDF55 is used for the efficient removal of chlorine and mercury remediation. It is universally applied from the smallest of water filters to large municipal and industrial equipment. KDF85 removes iron, hydrogen sulfide and chloramines removal.
- Neutralizing Media - Calcium Carbonate is commonly used to raise pH in residential well water supplies. Brand names includeImerys® Georgia Marble or Water Neutralizer. To enhance the neutralization process the addition of magnesium oxide, Flo-Mag, may be required.
- Birm® is a granular filter media commonly used for the reduction of iron and/or manganese from residential raw water supplies.
- MTM® is a granular manganese dioxide used for reducing iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide from residential water supplies.
- Other media include Clack Calcite